Followers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Action Research Update.


My action reaction plan started before students began this school year.  Once I gained approval from my building principal I had to get permission from the administration building to implement an action research plan. After submitting my proposal I was granted approval and began the process of implementing the plan at my school.   My first step was to develop a survey for students to take listing involvement in school activities and interest they have in intramural activities.  I used a Google document to collect the information during the first week of school.  During discipline meetings, I was able to get permission to have students take the survey.  We had a Wi Fi issue and I was not able to collect as many surveys needed to get an adequate sample.  I will now have to use our advisory classes to get a larger population to take the survey.  This will be completed in the next week at school. I have worked with AP’s to get a print out of students that had attendance issues the previous school year. Once I have completed the surveys, I will compare the list of attendance issues with surveys that were completed.  I will then come up with a research group to follow for this school year.  The next step that I will need to complete is starting an intramural program at our school.  I will take the results from the survey and come up with a schedule that includes the top intramural activities that the student body has interest in.  My focus group will also be included in the decision of activates offered in the intramural program to encourage their involvement in school activities.  I will then follow my focus group during the school year and monitor attendance and academic performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment